As everyone on the internet will tell you, the holiday season is right around the corner. This means it’s time to start picking out gifts for the special people in your life. And what could make a better present for your mom, sister, or bestie than the gift of glowing skin?
Shopping for skincare gifts for other people can be tricky. From moisturizers to serums to masks, there’s just so much to choose from. And when it comes to natural skincare products it’s important to consider the giftee’s individual needs.
Figuring out gifts for skincare lovers can be tricky, so we’re going to help you out!
We’ve compiled a list of some of the best types of products for every situation. And even if you have no idea where to start when it comes to your friend’s skin type, that’s okay too! You’ll find some great ideas that will make any skincare junkie jump for joy.
Gifts for Skincare Lovers by Skin Type
Products for Dry Skin
Winter can be brutal on our skin. From harsh cold to windy days, our faces are subjected to a lot. So natural skincare products that hydrate and moisturize are always a winner during the winter. These products are a great choice to keep skin healthy this time of year and beyond.
Hyaluronic Acid Serum
One of the best products you can put on your face is hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is hydrating and gentle on the skin. Here are some of the ways that hyaluronic acid can benefit the skin during the colder months.
- If your skin is having major hydration issues, hyaluronic acid may just be the product you need. This product delivers super hydration right to your skin. It works by drawing in water and then retaining it.
- Not only is hyaluronic acid hydrating for your face, but it also delivers much-needed moisture to the sensitive eye area helping to prevent wrinkles.
Vitamin E Oil Moisturizers
Moisturizers with Vitamin E are a smart choice. These magical potions are the perfect gift for skincare lovers who prefer natural products.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant with major moisturizing benefits.
- This type of product is very gentle on the skin, so it’s ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- Vitamin E works similarly to hyaluronic acid, but instead of drawing water in, it adds moisture through oil.
- Vitamin E can be very soothing.
Hydrating Facial Cleanser
A luxurious hydrating facial cleanser makes a great gift. It makes a daily chore feel like an indulgent trip to the spa. If you are unsure where to start when it comes to buying a skin cleanser here are some things to look out for.
- A good, hydrating facial cleanser should be free of any alcohol. Alcohol can dry the skin.
- Hydrating facial cleansers made without any parabens, sulfates, or phthalates are ideal for anyone with dry or sensitive skin.
- Avoid foaming facial cleansers — many can cause dryness.
Products for Acne-Prone Skin
While you don’t want to gift your sister-in-law a jar of pimple cream, a nice toner makes a great gift for someone dealing with acne. Look for fragrance-free products if you’re shopping for someone with acne-prone skin.
Toner is effective in cleaning the skin thoroughly. Here are some of the main benefits of using toner daily.
- Toner is great for removing any excess dirt or oil that may have been left behind after washing your face.
- Toner can also help clean up any makeup that was left behind as well.
- One of the reasons someone may be experiencing acne is because of environmental stressors. Toner can help protect the skin from these stressors.
- Someone with acne is probably dealing with redness or irritation as well. Toner is effective in calming down the skin and alleviating any inflammation.
- Spray toner also feels amazing when you apply it. It's refreshing and the perfect indulgent step to add to any skincare routine.
Products for Sensitive Skin
Gifts for skincare lovers with sensitive skin can be extra tricky. A safe bet is to go all-natural. Natural skincare products are the best option for anyone with sensitive skin because they don’t contain additives or harmful ingredients. Those with sensitive skin should avoid products with fragrance listed as an ingredient too.
For very sensitive skin, we recommended using a moisturizer with a niacinamide formula. Niacinamide is very gentle and effective too. Here are some of the key benefits of a niacinamide moisturizer:
- Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3 that works effectively to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Niacinamide moisturizers work by preventing water loss in the skin and retaining moisture.
- If someone you know happens to struggle with finding the right natural skincare product for their eczema or other skin condition, a niacinamide moisturizer could be a great gift for them. Niacinamide is gentle enough to use on very inflamed skin that may be caused by a skin condition.
Vitamin C Serum
If vitamin C isn’t in your skincare routine, then it’s definitely time to add it! Vitamin C serum is gentle and protects the skin too. Here are some of the main reasons anyone should add vitamin C to their skincare routine:
- Vitamin C can help brighten the skin and rid it of any free radicals because vitamin C is an antioxidant.
- Environmental stressors such as smoke, sun exposure, and toxins are all bad for the skin, and especially affect those with sensitive skin. Vitamin C can help protect the skin of those with sensitive skin.
- Vitamin C can also help reduce any inflammation and brighten the skin.
No-Fail Gift Idea: Skincare Tools
If you’re still looking for the perfect gift for a skincare lover but aren’t sold on the products we suggested, you can’t go wrong with skincare tools and accessories. These ideas work for just about everyone — no matter their skin type.
Jade rollers are a tool everyone loves. Even if the person you’re shopping for already has one, she’ll appreciate having a backup she can keep in the freezer. Here’s why we love jade rollers so much. (And why you should probably grab one for yourself too!)
- Jade rollers can be used to help stimulate blood circulation in the skin.
- Jade rollers are also very effective in relaxing facial muscles.
- This tool can be used to help draw away toxins and boost your skin’s detoxification process.
- Jade rolling feels spectacular. It’s a nice little treat for your face in the morning or evening.
Exfoliating mitts are like the holy grail of body exfoliation. These little skincare tools are amazing because they can affect your skin in such a great way without barely any effort. Here are some of the benefits of an exfoliating mitt:
- Exfoliating mitts can be used a couple of times a week to help get rid of any dead skin buildup.
- Exfoliating gloves can be used on your face or body to get that gorgeous fresh, healthy-looking glow.
- They can also minimize fine lines and increase collagen in your skin over time.
Shopping for holiday gifts for skincare lovers doesn’t have to be hard!
Take a moment to consider their skin needs. Think about what products they love and what tools they might not have in their collection. Gifting a product you love can also be a great way to introduce them to a new serum or cream. Don’t be intimidated by all the options out there, bookmark this list so you can return to it anytime you’re shopping for skincare gifts.
Ready to knock out some of your holiday shopping list? Shop our collection of natural skincare products now.