Jojoba Oil is packed with almost all the vitamins and minerals which are essential to the health of the skin and face. Normally, it does not have any harmful impact and can be used by those who are having sensitive skin without worrying for any allergic reaction.
What is Jojoba Oil?
Jojoba oil is a melted type of vegetable wax and found in the seeds or nuts of jojoba plant. Jojoba plant is an evergreen woody shrub plant that grows in hot areas such as desert areas of California, Arizon and Mexico. It is colorless, odorless and has a lot of beauty benefits. Another thing is that, it has a long shelf life so it can last a long time.
The jojoba oil is the only oil that closely resembles human sebum – an oily substance naturally produced by the oil glands below the skin surface, so its uses and benefits to the skin and hair are high.
Uses of Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil has a lot of uses for the skin and face and also for the hair. It is very beneficial due to its moisturizing and emollient properties that can be used alone or can be combined with other essential oils making it more effective. Moreover it is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and non-toxic that again make it useful for hair, face and the whole body.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Skin
Jojoba oil is commonly used as organic ingredients in many beauty products like skin lotions. It can provide you with naturally glowing skin because of its various organic and mineral elements. This oil lessens irritated skin and promotes natural production of collagen. It protects from sun and prevents premature aging symptoms, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
1. Jojoba Oil As Moisturizer - You can use this oil as a face and body moisturizer day and night. Jojoba oil softens dry and irritating spots and restores the skin to a balanced condition. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing inflammation caused by skin dryness.
2. Jojoba Oil as Face Cleanser - An effective way of removing your makeup and as a facial cleaner. Soak a cotton pad in jojoba oil and apply it all over your face, and then remove the oil deposits from your face with damp cotton. This way you can remove all residues of makeup and all the impurities immediately. Jojoba oil cam also be used in removing makeup, powders, foundation, eye shadows and a lot more. It doesn't have any adverse effect on the eyes but to be careful, since the eye area is sensitive, you will need to use it properly and avoid rubbing it hard.
3. Jojoba Oil for Acne - This oil has anti-microbial properties and contains iodine that prevent harmful bacteria growth that causes pimples, blackheads and breakouts. Jojoba oil has capabilities to kill bacteria and non-greasy so it works as an effective remedy for acne.
4. For Wrinkles - Packed with Vitamin E which is an effective in getting rid of free radicals that are responsible for skin aging. Found in Petunia Skincare Retinol Serum, it is not only firm-up and keep your skin hydrated but also lessen the appearance of skin wrinkles. Regular use of jojoba oil also reduces the fine lines. The powerful antioxidants contained in the jojoba oil help in regenerating the skin cells.
5. Serves as Body Oil - Jojoba oil is not only good for face, but can be used over the body instead of your regular body moisturizer. Apply a few drops right after batch or shower, while the skin is wet. It locks in the moisture, keeping your skin soft and smooth. This will also help in lessening the winter itch and reign in the chapped skin, as the anti-inflammatory properties of the oil will decrease the dryness and skin irritation. Its pleasant aroma and non-greasy texture will provide you with a soothing feeling.