How to Shrink Large Pores for Flawlessly Clear Skin
Enlarged open pores on face can make your skin look aged and unhealthy. They can also increase other skin care problems, such as acne and blackheads, especially for people with oily skin. A lot of people end up using products or treatments for large pores instead of minimizing it resulting to making it worse.
So What Causes Large Pores?
- Sun Exposure – Too much exposure to the sun may lead to having large pores as it damages the skin collagen, thereby shrinking the skin’s elasticity.
- Age Factors – The open pores tend to enlarge as the skin loses its elasticity as we age.
- Genetics – Other cases, heredity is the cause of enlarged pores
- Excessive Oil Production – If the oil glands produce too much oil, the excess oil combines with other substances like dirt, sweat and skin dead cells in the pores causing it to clog. The oil in the skin is having a rough time to flow freely thereby causing enlarged pores.
Large pores can even make you more susceptible to the pores getting clogged up with dirt and then lead to various other skin issues like blackheads and even pimples.
There are a lot of options out there in treating large pores. Remember that skin pores are a natural part of the skin and cannot be eliminated completely. Here are some ways on how to naturally reduce the size of enlarged pores.
So, here are some of the home remedies to naturally reduce the size of your enlarged pores.
1. Cleansing, Exfoliating and Moisturizing - One fast way to shrink large pores on face is by proper cleansing and fixing your skin problems. You need to exfoliate your skin consistently to get rid of dead skin cells that causes the pores to widen and thicken the oils. You can make natural face scrub at home with just your available ingredients. Homemade face scrubs is one of the best remedy for large pores.
2. Lemon, Ice, Cucumber to Tighten Skin Pores - Lemon juice is used in a lot of toners because of its cooling ability to reduce the size of pores. The best part of it is that it also helps get rid of skin tan and lightens the skin tone. Whereas the Ice helps soothe the skin and shrinks the pores. Rub cold cucumber slices all over your face and wash the juice off with cold water after five minutes. Do this regularly to reduce the pore size naturally at home.
3. Aloe Vera and Tomato Slices - As we all know, aloe vera is amazing for any kind of skin problem and enlarged pores are no exception. Apply the aloevera gel directly to the skin, leave it for a few minutes and wipe it off. Tomato slices can help shrink the size of pores too. Just apply the juice of tomatoes directly on your face with the slice and watch how it magically helps shrink the size of pores.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple Cider Vinegar acts as a natural astringent and skin toner that removes thicken oils, whiteheads or blackheads and cleanse your skin pores. Naturally it tightens the skin, shrinks big pores and restores the skin’s pH balance. It also has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory characteristics, which help in treating acne and pimple flare-ups.
5. Baking Soda - Baking soda helps in getting rid of extra oil, dirt and impurities from the skin. Acts as a gentle exfoliating agent, it does not only makes your skin clear but also makes the skin pores smaller. Another thing is that it restores pH balance of the skin and has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to treat skin problems such as acne and pimples.
6. Clay Masks – This can be used for absorbing excess oils and treating large pores. Make sure that it doesn’t contain other ingredients that irritate the skin. It also reduces scars and blemishes and treat sun-damaged skin.
7. Sugar Scrub - Homemade sugar scrubs are very effective in exfoliating skin, removing extra oil and debris from your skin pores, so have ability to reduce skin pores size.
8. Yogurt to Tighten skin pores – Yogurt is a great natural remedy for shrinking skin pores and removing blemishes from the skin. It contains lactic acid that helps to minimize pores size, tighten skin, remove dead skin cells, and get rid of excess oil and impurities from the pore openings.
Natural or home remedies for enlarged pores are the best selected natural treatments that can make your large pores smaller. The natural ingredients will help to unclog the pores and make your skin glowing and blemish free.