Dermarolling or Microneedling is an at home treatment in which you use a small rolling pin like that is covered in needles. Microneedling allows ingredients to be absorbed faster because pores are opened from the epidermis to the dermis layer. The Petunia Skincare Derma Roller is the best compliment for all your skincare products such as serums, creams, and gels. This tool is great to use with our Hyaluronic Acid Serum, and Vitamin C Serum. It is also compatible to use with cellulite and stretch mark creams, and scar gels. It can be used alone or with products.
1. It can improve skin's texture and tone. The derma roller can stimulate collagen production, accelerate skin regeneration. It can help in the improvement of fine lines, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and stretch marks.
2. Skincare products works better. Microneedling allows ingredients to be absorbed faster because pores are opened from the epidermis to the dermis layer. The derma roller is great to use with serums like the Vitamin C Serum and the Hyaluronic Acid Serum.
3. Quick to use and relatively painless. You will feel a little discomfort at first but it will disappear as you continue to use it. Also, the recovery time is short compared to other forms of collagen stimulation - other than slight redness and peeling.
4. It's Cheap. Compared to other skin treatments, the derma roller is cheaper. Try the Petunia Skincare Derma Roller!
If there are Pros, there are also Cons when using this beauty tool.
1. It can irritate the skin. If frequently done, this beauty tool can cause bleeding, breakouts, swelling, scarring and deeper trauma to tissues. Make sure to always clean properly between treatments and if possible avoid sharing.
2. The results are subtle. Those who use this tool can be overwhelmed by the results. "Whether you are treating hyperpigmentation or trying to generate collagen for the improvement of wrinkles, acne scars, or stretch marks, microneedling works best when it is combined with in-office procedures such as fractional laser skin resurfacing, chemical peels, or professional microneedling, " says Dr. Akhavan.
Here are some tips for you if you want to try Microneedling:
1. Choose the right length needle for your skin problem. For wrinkle treatment, both superficial and deep, use between 0.5mm and 1.0mm roller. For increasing penetration of products, use a superficial needle between 0.25 and 0.5mm long.
2. Avoid too much pressure. In order to avoid damaging you skin, avoid putting much pressure when rolling.
3. Do not treat inflamed skin. Treating areas with skin infections will just add up to skin inflammation and possibly spread infection. So avoid that!